• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Summer 2008 Midtown Lunch/dinner thread

Reviving this thread for spring/summer 2008.
Looks like lunch may be difficult for many.

What about drinks after work on Fridays for the midtown people. This is open invitation to any Quantnet member who happens to work in midtown (vicinity of Grand Central, Park Ave, Mets life building, etc). If you can take the subway to get there, the merrier.

I know Max, SP and others are in midtown. Anyone else ?

Maybe we can grab a drink and go to a karaoke or something :D

Maybe we can grab a drink and go to a karaoke or something :D

Always nice to have beer I guess...

Also maybe we can go out Thursday (maybe if not this Friday, next Thursday) -- people always have plans on Friday nights I guess !!!

Tell me where and when...............................................
I love the attitude, billy
SP, you forget people have class on thur :)
Is this friday feasible for everyone ? I can scout for a spot that we can grab some beer
and finger food.
Let's make this a blast people. We want to see new faces.

I just had a drink with Bob, Max, Mike at Grand Saloon after class. We are going to meet this Friday at 6pm.
Still trying to find out a place that is not crowded after work on Friday in midtown.

I will send out an email tomorrow morning to see if anyone comes up with a place. I'll post here.

And Max,
Thanks for telling me that I'm getting fat. :D

Still trying to find out a place that is not crowded after work on Friday in midtown.

There's a place called Papillion on 54th between Madison and 5th--its usually not too crowded on Fridays. They have an upstairs and a downstairs, a huge selection of imported beers, and a nice waitressing crew. Plus, if you reserve ahead of time, you can book their pool table room for no extra cost (assuming you have a good # of people) or their upstairs private area. Its a little pricey but what isn't in Midtown...

You should change your avatar now, because you look totally different ;)
You win, Max. I'm not in my marathon shape yet but here you go
main-event-large.gif

You should change your avatar too. I hardly recognize you !

There's a place called Papillion on 54th between Madison and 5th--its usually not too crowded on Fridays. They have an upstairs and a downstairs, a huge selection of imported beers, and a nice waitressing crew. Plus, if you reserve ahead of time, you can book their pool table room for no extra cost (assuming you have a good # of people) or their upstairs private area. Its a little pricey but what isn't in Midtown...
Another midtown suggestion - Sutton Place on 53rd and second avenue. I've been there in summer, it was nice. They have two floors and an open terrace, so there shouldn't be problem with *malloc(size_t) crowd :) Also I don't remember it being too pricey...

Oi, who's that guy on your new avatar, Andy? I don't remember you wearing glasses :smt120 :D :D :D

You win, Max. I'm not in my marathon shape yet but here you go
main-event-large.gif

You should change your avatar too. I hardly recognize you !

Andy, do not fool people, I see it is not your picture! People, do not believe in this post.
You really are not wearing glasses. This guy might to be your cousin, since he looks like you a bit. ;)

Why can't this be in a new thread? I was confused when I opened this and see stuff all the way from last summer!

Downtown anyone?

Thanks for the suggestion, Vladimir. It sounds interesting and reasonable.
The fat guy is my twin brother. Without the glasses, it's me (or that's what Max wants you to believe)

By the way, from the emails I got, we will push for next Friday at 6pm since this Friday is a bit of short notice. Vladimir, Vadim, Hien, you guys joining us ?

By the way, from the emails I got, we will push for next Friday at 6pm since this Friday is a bit of short notice. Vladimir, Vadim, Hien, you guys joining us ?

Sorry I won't be able to make it next Friday either. I'll be away for that weekend, plus the Stochastic calc. midterm is right after that so....:-ss

The fat guy is my twin brother. Without the glasses, it's me (or that's what Max wants you to believe)

Thanks, Andy, I am planning to join and will do my best to make it.

Thanks for invitation. If they let me earlier from work, I will be more than happy to join you guys.

Just a head up for people who are in our beer loving club but not on our short mailing list.

Next Friday is Good Friday so markets close.
We will have a drink at Grand Saloon on Thurs 3/20, at 6:30PM instead. This is before the stochastic class. Have a beer and Brownian motion will be a smooth sail for you.

Grand Saloon
158 East 23rd St.
New York, NY 10010
(212) 477-6161

Very nice, I will be on a break from school and could come to join you at least once :)

Back