• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Summer internships

I'm a junior undergraduate and I'm looking at various summer internship options in a quant finance-related field. So far, I only know of Morgan Stanley's Strats & Modeling internship for undergrads. Since I haven't had coursework in stoch calc yet, I don't really qualify for the same internships as MFE students. My school has many finance-related internships listed, but most are ibanking or non-quant related. Can you recommend me some well-regarded companies that offer quant-related internships to undergrads? Thanks!

Bank of America has a quantitative summer internship in Charlottee, forget what it's called. Also nearly every prop shop (think Jane Street and SIG) and fund (think two sigma) has stuff.

^He's an undergraduate, so while of course there is no drawback to trying them out, the standards are different. Maybe this suggests.... Quantnet needs more resources for undergrads :)

I have looked at internships offered by some of these firms (and leafed through the applications) and many ask something to the effect of: "How would you rate your knowledge of Stochastic Calculus?" which is a red flag for me :unsure:

I will look into the opportunities you mentioned euroazn, thanks!

Quick question: Does MSCI offer summer internships? The guys who were at Barra are my heroes. :)

I am interested in this. I hold a MS in Chemical Engineering, and am applying for fall admission in an MFE program. I have taken the CQF, so questions about stochastic calculus and interest rate models don't scare me.
I found list Andy linked to be very promising. What caught my eye was in the intro paragraph.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of [...] firms that offer internship and graduate/entry-level opportunities for students in Financial Engineering (MFE) programs
Do you think these firms would not consider me if I am not currently in an MFE program? Or if I'd have to pitch it differently?

Back