• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Sunday afternoon..

Bit of a fun thread here (I hope - please no debates over India versus China's schooling system, the decline of the US or whether the EU will collapse ;) )

It's Sunday afternoon and I have to work today. So if you can spend your Sunday afternoon doing something fun, what would be your choice.

For me, it would probably be sitting in a decent pub over in England (Brighton has some great places) with a Sunday Roast and a good pint of local ale or Scrumpy.

How about the rest of you?

beer you find in the UK pub

Not a fan of hand-pumped ale? I went to the English fish-and-chip shop down on Greenwich ave a few months back. It's well worth a visit if you can cope with your arteries crying in pain after ;)

I'm not that sophisticated when it comes to alcoholic beverages but a cold ale sounds refreshing during this weather.

I went on a vacation a few months ago and I wouldn't mind spending a few months in the Caribbeans by the pool that has a swim-up bar. I can connect to Quantnet and work while being poolside. Now, that's quality work-life balance right there ;)

Andy -- haha oh yes that sounds great. We were planning on heading to Peurto Rico this year for a bit of a beach holiday and a visit round the historical sites.
The bar in the pool scenario was most appealing. Unfortunately moving house put a a hold on it for the moment.

If you are a fan of hard cider, a cold pint of West Country Scrumpy, from England hits the spot in this heat.

Andy, yep PR is not too bad a flight it would seem. I hear Aruba is great and Bermuda. If you happen to be in PR at the same time as me, I will most def buy you a drink :)

Back