• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Swaptions data

Hi,
I'm math student working on some extensions of rate models and I need to calibrate Hull-White model only for educational puproses. I can't find any examples of swaptions data on the internet. Do you know any sources or can you send me some? I would be very greatful.

I do not think that the swaption vol data will be available for free. You will get it from bloomberg or any exotic desk.
Are you looking for the entire vol cube or vol of few expiries/terms for a particular currency?

Hello YoungBanach,

I sent you a private message. There is a provider where you might be able to get a free sample of the data you're looking for.

Thanks for all answers!
I'm looking for any data. At least one example to calibrate model, but of course the more the better. For now I'm happy that I have something. Thank you.

Hello YoungBanach,

I sent you a private message. There is a provider where you might be able to get a free sample of the data you're looking for.

I am also a math student doing research on interest rate modelling using swaptions. I would be grateful if you could share the data with me as well.

Why don't you just model it? It is standard practice to maintain the implied volatility of physically settled swaptions through the SABR volatility model. Pick some parameters for the SABR volatility model and calculate the implied volatility through the Hagan formula. That will give you implied volatilities (and hence the price) of physically settled swaptions.

Back