• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Switching Careers

I graduated with a BSc. in Computer Science from a university in Africa. I moved to the United States to start a career in the computer industry and now I have decided to switch to a career in finance. I am therefore thinking about applying to schools in the UK since most of their programs are only a year long and I can afford them. Which school would you suggest I apply to, if I decide on a graduate program in finance/ financial engineering in the UK? The schools in the USA are all very very good but they costs are too high for my budget ( tuition, living expenses , health insurance)

Hi ,

I am working as a BA for Custody, OMS and Fund Admin and am planning to switch over my career to quant.

kindly advise what is the planning which i should implement

Hi,
I was working with a software firm on mainframes.Recently decided to get into the field of finance as the carrier switch in mainframes are becoming very limited . I am having four year of experience in the same field . I have decided to join 1 year post graduation course here in India and my age is 28. would like to know the prospects of a software engineer who gets into the finance i mean about job prospects and satisfaction.Is it a good idea to quit the job and pursue such course or please let me know of courses which I can take up while doing the job and still can make a switch into the field of finance.
Please reply.

Thanks

Hi,
I was working with a software firm on mainframes.Recently decided to get into the field of finance as the carrier switch in mainframes are becoming very limited . I am having four year of experience in the same field . I have decided to join 1 year post graduation course here in India and my age is 28. would like to know the prospects of a software engineer who gets into the finance i mean about job prospects and satisfaction.Is it a good idea to quit the job and pursue such course or please let me know of courses which I can take up while doing the job and still can make a switch into the field of finance.
Please reply.

Thanks
CQF is definitely a possibility for you. darth can help you more on this (since he is a CQF alum in India)

Thanks
Babinu

Back