• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Thoughts on the book Python for Finance: Mastering Data-Driven Finance by Yves Hilpisch

Hello,

I am looking to dive into the world of quantitative finance and was recommended to read this book to help jump-start my adventure. Any thoughts? Is this book good for someone to get a good foundational knowledge of Python applied to Finance? Is there another resource that would be better?

Hello,

I am looking to dive into the world of quantitative finance and was recommended to read this book to help jump-start my adventure. Any thoughts? Is this book good for someone to get a good foundational knowledge of Python applied to Finance? Is there another resource that would be better?
Learning to code requires not merely understanding of syntax (which is what a book will give you), but hands-on experience and detailed feedback/reviews on your code. Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science is a great resource to learn Python, in a finance and data-centric way, utilizing the latest approaches and tools.

Disclaimer: I am the originator of this course.

Last edited:
Learning to code requires not merely understanding of syntax (which is what a book will give you), but hands-on experience and detailed feedback/reviews on your code. Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science is a great resource to learn Python, in a finance and data-centric way, utilizing the latest approaches and tools.

Disclaimer: I am the originator of this course.
Thank you!

This is not a book on how to learn Python programming (*) It focuses more on how to apply Python libraries to finance, a recipe as it were. It is also not a book on financial math foundations.
For real-life Python I recommend the QN Python course.

(*) i.e. building stuff.

Last edited:
Back