• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Try out the QuantNet app

As we work to modernize our platform and create a better experience for our users, I like to invite you all to try out the QuantNet app. It is a PWA (progressive web app) that you can add to your mobile homepage like a native app.
On a desktop device, you can install it via the browser and add to the dock or taskbar.
To install this, on your mobile device's browser pointing to our site, clicking on the burger menu icon on the top left will show the below menu where install option is at the bottom.
Give it a try and let me know how this works out. Thank you.

Screenshot_20200802-205507_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200803-135014_One UI Home.jpg

Last edited:
I am on an iPhone 11 Pro and was using the default Safari browser. However, I just downloaded and test on Chrome and I still don't have the "install" option.
On your iPhone, using Safari, go to quantnet and share/add to home screen in Safari. Can you try that and let me know. I don't have iPhone to test.

How is it working out? Getting any notice through the app?
It's definitely convenient to have on my home screen especially when I visit the site so many times a day. It would be cool to get a notification count when someone replies to a thread I've created though. I am often checking the website to see if I have responses to questions I've asked and having that feature makes it even easier to know.

I got notifications on the app just fine (look at my second screenshot). I believe Apple still close off their app ecosystem so PWA is not fully supported by them yet.
Oh bummer. I didn't realize that. Outside of that, I like having it. It makes it easier to do things on the go. Often times if I have a few spare minutes between a meeting or while waiting in line I'll go to the website so having and easy one click access is nice (especially when carrying a coffee in one hand while holding my dog in the other).

Oh bummer. I didn't realize that. Outside of that, I like having it. It makes it easier to do things on the go. Often times if I have a few spare minutes between a meeting or while waiting in line I'll go to the website so having and easy one click access is nice (especially when carrying a coffee in one hand while holding my dog in the other).
Testing the new GIF feature :)

cesar millan dogs GIF by Nat Geo Wild

Back