• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Trying to download Visual Basic on Mac: Help please?

I've already downloaded parallel but we're supposed to use a DVD or connect to external PC to get mac to work like a PC. I don't understand this at all. Could someone help out? Thank you.

Mac user here. You need to install Windows via Parallels on your computer. The computer needs to be hooked up to a DVD drive to install. Most computers today do not have these drives so you will need an external one. If you need any further help installing let me know.

I am using Mac. Just install Parallels Desktop, then install Windows in Parallel Desktop. I don't remember there is any specific difficulty during installation. Once you get a Windows, follow the instruction to install Virual C++ for the course. I did not use any DVD/other PC to run Windows/Vitual C++ as long as internet network is working.

For most of the exercises, there is no problem to develop your code and get it compiled. For the projects in Level 9, which will welcome you later, I would suggest you install Excel in the vital machine Windows also. You have to use it to finish data output into Excel. But I still have some problems with running out of heap. I tried to set the heap size much bigger in Virtual C++ but it did not improve much. In this case, restarting the virtual Windows helps sometime.

Hope it useful.

Back