• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE UCB and MIT

Which one do you think is better?

• Total voters
UCB Financial Engineering vs MIT Master in Finance. Which one do you think is better?

Even though I'm more attracted to the name of MIT, MIT is more expensive and I've been told that I cannot have summer internship in MIT.

So just want to ask good people here...

I know this would sound like a stupid question for some people, but it would be really appreciated if you leave any opinion about this.

I guess your decision could relies on where you want to work and what job do you want? MIT is more expensive and you can't get a summer internship - The placement if i remember correctly are more or less the same (UCB's is better - referring to 2012 figures), with UCB's program more highly recognized I guess. However, UCB's MFE is focused on a particular area whereas the MFin is broader. So in all, if you have a quant focus (which I'm guessing since you applied to UCB) UCB would probably be your best bet; It's cheaper, the program has a better reputation and placement (not by that much). Hope that helps!

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong! :P

just to add to above, UCB is a MFE vs MIT MFin, so it really depends what you type of job/career you want. UCB being more quant oriented than MIT, which is boarder. but that's not to say you cant be a quant after MIT and vice versa.

Back