• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE vs Columbia MFE vs UChicago MSFM (with 50% tuition waiver)

UCB MFE vs Columbia MFE vs UChicago MSFM (with 50% tuition waiver)

• UCB MFE

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Columbia MFE

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • UChicago MSFM (with 50% tuition waiver)

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters
Yes I did apply for Spring-21 but I am referring to Fall-21 and Spring-22 programs here. I have got an admit from UCB MFE Spring-22 and Columbia MFE. UChicago MSFM results are not out yet, I have made an assumption for myself here.
Want to know what people think and which one would they prefer

Yes I did apply for Spring-21 but I am referring to Fall-21 and Spring-22 programs here. I have got an admit from UCB MFE Spring-22 and Columbia MFE. UChicago MSFM results are not out yet, I have made an assumption for myself here.
Want to know what people think and which one would they prefer
I'm not sure how you are simply assuming that you will get a 50% tuition waiver from UChicago. But if you are correct, that is a significant benefit and I would go to Chicago. Without the tuition waiver, it really depends on where you want to end up after the program

I'm not sure how you are simply assuming that you will get a 50% tuition waiver from UChicago. But if you are correct, that is a significant benefit and I would go to Chicago. Without the tuition waiver, it really depends on where you want to end up after the program
Thanks @doubleohseven for sharing your view.
Ofcourse, I can't know for sure how much waiver I might get. It's just an anchor point as most would consider 50% waiver a significant amount. For any less amount, most may favour UCB, Columbia over UChicago and getting more than 50% is quite difficult (atleast for me) hence the assumption. Also it's not just random, I have talked to few UChicago alums and they felt I might get some.

I see more votes for UCB than Columbia. May I ask what are the advantages of UCB as compared to Columbia?

Back