• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB With Low Experience

Hello all,

I have received an offer from UCB MFE program, which I am very excited about, however looking at the bios of people in the program, many of them have a lot more experience than I do. This slightly worries me as we will be competing for the same off-cycle internships. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

Hello all,

I have received an offer from UCB MFE program, which I am very excited about, however looking at the bios of people in the program, many of them have a lot more experience than I do. This slightly worries me as we will be competing for the same off-cycle internships. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?
You don't need to worry, just work your bu** off, I know some people in the program with little to no experience, and they are doing fine. That's the case in every program too; trust me, if your background wasn't impressive, UCB wouldn't grant you admission, bottom line. Just believe in yourself, work with a peer, and hopefully you will do great.

Back