• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCLA MFE Interview

Hello,

I have just received a mail from UCLA MFE saying that I am invited for an interview. It tells me that I have two days to complete it and that it is with the computer, like no human being in front of me. What do you believe I should study?

Best,
Gautier

I got an admission yesterday and finished the interview probably half a month ago. My interview is not as difficult as what was mentioned in the link above. Just make sure you know some basic finance knowledge and simple machine learning concepts. Also about half of the questions are behavioral (you don't need to study for that) and half are technical (not super hard ones). Good luck!

Thank you very much for your answers. What do you think I should study about finance and machine learning concepts for the interview? If I don't know the answer to a technical question, do you think it is a big deal?
Thanks a lot

Back