• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE UCLA MFE vs NCSU MFM

Hi guys,
I got admitted to North Carolina State University (NCSU) MFM and UCLA MFE programs. I am having a hard time deciding which one to choose. NCSU has recently been going up the ranks in the Quantnet rankings, while UCLA has been going down year over year.
Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

If you are looking for a quantitative experience then definitely NCSU. UCLA mfe is based on a business school. Many graduates reflect that the degree feels like a variation of an MBA. Also, career placement stats haven't been so pretty since 2018.

Hi guys,
I got admitted to North Carolina State University (NCSU) MFM and UCLA MFE programs. I am having a hard time deciding which one to choose. NCSU has recently been going up the ranks in the Quantnet rankings, while UCLA has been going down year over year.
Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

How was your admission from NCSU worded? I got a notification today that I have been recommended for admission pending a final review, which I am assuming means I was accepted. Wondering if yours looked the same

How was your admission from NCSU worded? I got a notification today that I have been recommended for admission pending a final review, which I am assuming means I was accepted. Wondering if yours looked the same
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Yes it was the same for me.

If you are looking for a quantitative experience then definitely NCSU. UCLA mfe is based on a business school. Many graduates reflect that the degree feels like a variation of an MBA. Also, career placement stats haven't been so pretty since 2018
Thank you, John

Back