• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UMich QFRM

Hi, I just wanted to ask what the UMich QFRM program is like? I haven't seen any threads talking about this program, the most recent posts are from a couple years ago. Neither does it show up in this year's tracker (as far as I have looked). And it is nowhere in the 2024 rankings either. What's the reason for this? Are all the above connected, as in did the program quality fall off a cliff or anything like that?

Would appreciate any inputs!

They did reach out to us in 2015 when they started the QFRM program after the Michigan MFE program closed down.
For the first cohort that entered Fall 2015 they received 119 applications, accepted 56, and enrolled 19.
I don't know the latest numbers for the program as they haven't been in touch last few years.
Some info is here

Given a lack of mention, I would think that their program size has not significantly grown.

They did reach out to us in 2015 when they started the QFRM program after the Michigan MFE program closed down.
For the first cohort that entered Fall 2015 they received 119 applications, accepted 56, and enrolled 19.
I don't know the latest numbers for the program as they haven't been in touch last few years.
Some info is here

Given a lack of mention, I would think that their program size has not significantly grown.

I see. What do you think would be the best way to evaluate the quality of this program then? Reaching out to people who have graduated from this program?

Back