• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!
University of Toronto - Master of Mathematical Finance

Toronto MathFin UofT MMF Students

• Thread starter Thread starter Dibbs
  • Start date Start date
oh well, the interview was scheduled like very last minute, I had to take emergency leave from my work to attend it, and then it takes so long to wait for result, I really regret not applying to Waterloo this year

I had my interview on Mar 21st.
What about u?

Wow, she's really blunt...
basically, she gave you the early rejection ...
I actually like her direct reply, then people don't wait any more and focus on other things in life, being in MFE may or may not be a good choice for career and life, who know! But waiting is just like being tortured.. But I dont get it, she said results sent out starting mid April but then more than 30 spots have been offered, so she actually means the waiting list results? By then I guess they may already have all the confirmations from people they offered. If so it is really pathetic to wait till that time!

I actually like her direct reply, then people don't wait any more and focus on other things in life, being in MFE may or may not be a good choice for career and life, who know! But waiting is just like being tortured.. But I dont get it, she said results sent out starting mid April but then more than 30 spots have been offered, so she actually means the waiting list results? By then I guess they may already have all the confirmations from people they offered. If so it is really pathetic to wait till that time!

You are right.
The first thing after I wake up in the morning is to check my iPhone for emails.

She gave me the reply as following
"In your case, the admissions committee has not made a decision at this time. We hope to finalize the interviewing/assessment process at the beginning of April and communicate final decision starting mid-April."

Did Petra say that "more than 30 spots have been offered"?

I will most likely reject my MMF offer tomorrow; hope it helps some of you guys out. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting to get admission :)

I have decided to accept an US MBA offer with diversity scholarship (full tuition), my dream is to work in quant but I guess I have to be practical and will not turn down this free education. And going to biz school in US may open more doors for me internationally. It is a painful decision though but this Friday is the deadline to decide. So my wait for UT is technically over, I will send them an email to withdraw my application, good luck guys, for those who are still waiting!

I have decided to accept an US MBA offer with diversity scholarship (full tuition), my dream is to work in quant but I guess I have to be practical and will not turn down this free education. And going to biz school in US may open more doors for me internationally. It is a painful decision though but this Friday is the deadline to decide. So my wait for UT is technically over, I will send them an email to withdraw my application, good luck guys, for those who are still waiting!

I am sorry to hear that.

Where will you be doing the MBA?

Hey guys, just curious, has anyone who had a recent interview(past 2 weeks) got admitted yet?

Hey Distmantler,

Congratulations on your offer! Great to see you that you accepted it :)

I just remembered your first post about the interview, you said:

To be honest I don't think I want to go to the MMF program. Honestly, I did not get a good vibe from the interview.

Everything seemed so cheap and unorganized.

You sounded really unimpressed, I wonder what changed your mind.

Well, in any case, looking forward to meeting you in August!

Owen business school (Vanderbilt)

That's a good school! Congrats.

Hey Distmantler,

Congratulations on your offer! Great to see you that you accepted it :)

I just remembered your first post about the interview, you said:

You sounded really unimpressed, I wonder what changed your mind.

Well, in any case, looking forward to meeting you in August!

I only applied to UofT since I did not get around to taking the GRE this year.

I actually wanted to go to UCB.

I have not accepted the offer yet but it is likely that I would due to family pressure.

Right now I can either accept this offer or laze around for about a year, take the GRE then apply to schools in the states.

The latter would cost me a lot more money and I will lose time hence, my change of mind.

Are you coming in August?

I only applied to UofT since I did not get around to taking the GRE this year.

I actually wanted to go to UCB.

I have not accepted the offer yet but it is likely that I would due to family pressure.

Right now I can either accept this offer or laze around for about a year, take the GRE then apply to schools in the states.

The latter would cost me a lot more money and I will lose time hence, my change of mind.

I understand, I guess it makes sense to accept this offer now instead of spending one more year just by waiting.

Are you coming in August?

Yep, I accepted the offer. :)

I understand, I guess it makes sense to accept this offer now instead of spending one more year just by waiting.

Yep, I accepted the offer. :)

Cool.

What is your background?

I am an EE major completing my undergrad this spring.

I am doing my PhD in pure mathematics, and hoping to complete it by the end of this May :)

I am doing my PhD in pure mathematics, and hoping to complete it by the end of this May :)
I feel intimidated by all the accepted students thus far. It seems a few people are coming from Pure Mathematics and/or with an MSc or higher.

Back