• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!
University of Toronto - Master of Mathematical Finance

Toronto MathFin UofT MMF Students

• Thread starter Thread starter Dibbs
  • Start date Start date
Hey guys, just curious, has anyone who had a recent interview(past 2 weeks) got admitted yet?
My friend was admitted on 19/03 and he was interviewed on 16/03, he never did the assessment though, only an interview that lasts for 10 mins with no technical questions

Thanks for letting me know Mat. I just got mine last night too and going to accept it as well.
By the way, I have made a facebook group "u of t MMF 2012-2013", for everyone who is interested to join.

Thanks for letting me know Mat. I just got mine last night too and going to accept it as well.
By the way, I have made a facebook group "u of t MMF 2012-2013", for everyone who is interested to join.

Congratulations!

When was ur interview?

I can't find the group on FB. I see the one from 2011 though.

Oh, so fast, i thought they gonna send out in Mid April. Congrats!

I am having trouble finding the group on facebook as well.

let say if I do not do a Master but I have a degree in Maths and passed CFA exams for example, can I still get Analyst job in Quant similar to though with MMF or MFE degree? I read through the jobs ad and most of them just need a Maths/CS degree, but not sure if it will be harder to be shortlisted with just only a bachelor degree, anyone has some experience on this?

Hi Navid, I couldn't find your group and decided to create one. I hope that you don't mind.

Hi, guys, I have just done my skype interview. But I assume I didn't do very well.
I think if I don't get AD when they start to offer to the skype interviewers, my chance of being admitted is quite slim.:(

Hi, guys, I have just done my skype interview. But I assume I didn't do very well.
I think if I don't get AD when they start to offer to the skype interviewers, my chance of being admitted is quite slim.:(
hey yang_pop, my interview was also very intensed and untill now I have no respond from them, I would say do not give up hope yet

Probably it's not that bad as u thought.

For Skype interview, I think that the reason is that you are in China.
It's more cost effective.

Don't give up so soon.

Probably it's not that bad as u thought.

For Skype interview, I think that the reason is that you are in China.
It's more cost effective.

Don't give up so soon.
actually in my interview they offer to use both phone or skype but said that they prefer using skype, i think it is more cost effective for them since they have to call like 30 mins and there are so many people outside Toronto area, I do not think they categorize into "skype" or "phone" interview types

Thanks a lot~;)
you are right about it, I thought they want to see the interviewee in person, and judge their performance from their facial expression or anything else.
But it seems they don't care about it, and just want to be more effective in this way.

Actually, I fail to answer some of their questions in the technical part, and feel kind of nervous......so:(....

Back