• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!
University of Toronto - Master of Mathematical Finance

Toronto MathFin UofT MMF Students

• Thread starter Thread starter Dibbs
  • Start date Start date
Yes. You can apply for a private one on your own. From my admissions encounter feedback with other schools, scholarship administration is a nightmare.

Applied last week. It was a relatively painless application compared to many of the US ones. Does anyone know how many people get interview invitations? I heard most people they're considering who are close to Toronto will receive interviews. I'm graduating from UWaterloo.
Hi, did you apply for MQF of UWaterloo? General speaking, which one is easier to get in?

I am a current student in the MMF program.

on info session they said about 150 (out of 500 applicants) get interviews and I heard that they actually prefer international students

This is not the true. They do not prefer international students. If anything, they should prefer resident students since it is easier for them to get full time employment.

All students pay the same amount of money; 40k regardless of if you are from Toronto or Bermuda.

International students only have to pay a little extra for health insurance but it is not much.

I am a current student in the MMF program.

This is not the true. They do not prefer international students. If anything, they should prefer resident students since it is easier for them to get full time employment.

All students pay the same amount of money; 40k regardless of if you are from Toronto or Bermuda.

International students only have to pay a little extra for health insurance but it is not much.

Dismantler, thanks for the info! Do you have any suggestions what to review in case I get an interview? ( I was out of school for a few years, so need to review some math concepts)

Review some probability theory and general math courses you took in undergrad.

If you got an A+ in ode's you better know how to answer basic questions when asked. That kills a lot of people in the interviews. They have amazing marks but can't answer basic questions.

thanks! what do you think are basic questions, solving an equation or theoretical concepts?

I have not heard anything yet. Did anybody notice that their (mmf) website is not working today?

Congrats! I wish you all the best!
I did not receive one, so i guess I am not in the first picks. what was ur profile?
Thanks, but it is way to early to congrat...
I dont think this is related to "first pick", because I actually received the interview invitation one week ago saying that the interview was on March 25 when the officer would travel to Vancouver. Now, I guess the officer's schedule just changed a little bit.

I am in my last year at UBC. Major: finance, Minor: math

Thanks, but it is way to early to congrat...
I dont think this is related to "first pick", because I actually received the interview invitation one week ago saying that the interview was on March 25 when the officer would travel to Vancouver. Now, I guess the officer's schedule just changed a little bit.

I am in my last year at UBC. Major: finance, Minor: math
wow I did not know that they started to interviews outside of Toronto. Good luck anyway and if you can please give us some ideas how it went! I still hope to receive mine.

Back