• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Urgent help Required

Hi Guys,
I am an engineering undergraduate student from India. I am Doing my B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology in Information and Communication Technology) .I want to my masters in Financial engineering.I need help in selecting the university which I should join for fall'08
Currently I have acceptance offer from:
1) Clark University, Worcester, Massachusetts, ( MS in Finance)
2) Polytechnic University, New York (MS in FE)
Clark's program is of small size and this would give me more opportunity to interact with faculty and other people. But this program is less known.
Polytechnic has an obvious Location advantage plus I think NYU and Poly merger would be of some help but after going through many forums I came to know that Poly students face problem in securing internships and job.
Please help me decide the university which I should join.
I am still waiting for result from the following universities:
1) Kent state university
2) Claremont graduate university
3) Stevens institute of technology
4) University of southern California

Out of the Six Universities mentioned above which is my best option?
I am planning on taking an educational loan for my graduate studies so getting a job just after my MS is very important.

-Harshvardhan

You don't have six options right now. You have two, one of which I have never heard of before. Poly is a local program but haven't heard much about it discussed around so I don't even know it still has problem.
Aside from asking us to pick your best option, is there anything we can do for you? We have current students of Poly, Stevens here so probably you can ask some inside info from them.

Back