• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UT Dallas Master of Science in Financial Engineering and Risk Management

Just ran across this program while googling for "financial engineering". Seems to be a new program enrolling students for 2018. I've reached out to them and will share what I learn about it.
MS Financial Engineering and Risk Management | Naveen Jindal School of Management

@Ken Abbott would love to hear your take on the courses offered from the risk management perspective. Thanks
MS Financial Engineering and Risk Management | Naveen Jindal School of Management
Andy, I took a good look, but the course descriptions are way, way too vague for me to make an assessment. The way the courses are described could easily have been done generically, so it’s hard to see whether they cover academic or practical material. I would need to see a syllabus.

Seems to be another hastily cobbled together "me-too" program of generic and junk courses, some of which seem to have no relationship to quant work at all. And the requirements to enter the "program" are rock bottom -- i.e., this is quite obviously meant to be another cash cow for the school.

Seems to be another hastily cobbled together "me-too" program of generic and junk courses, some of which seem to have no relationship to quant work at all. And the requirements to enter the "program" are rock bottom -- i.e., this is quite obviously meant to be another cash cow for the school.

I've been meaning to ask, are you employed as a quant, bigbadwolf?

Back