• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cornell FE Video Interview via Skype

Hi, I got an email last Wednesday to schedule a 15-minute interview with a director of Cornell's FE program via Skype. The email said there is no need to prepare the interview. The goal is to know me a little better and discuss my application. I wonder if anyone else got the email. I haven't used Skype or been interviewed before. I would appreciate if someone could give me some tips on how to prepare a video interview via Skype. What’s more, the director asked me to pick up three 15-minute slots among 18 slots on the coming Monday and Wednesday. Then she would reply with a confirmation of a date and time. It's already three days since I replied with my picked-up slots. I haven't received the confirmation. Should I email her today or tomorrow to check it? Or should I just wait? Thanks.

Email her ;) but there is a chance she won't reply since it is the weekend. Good luck with the interview ;) btw who are you talking with do you know?

Email her ;) but there is a chance she won't reply since it is the weekend. Good luck with the interview ;) btw who are you talking with do you know?
Thank you. I will email her tomorrow. Do you have suggestions on how to prepare the interview? I would appreciate it.

Thank you. I will email her tomorrow. Do you have suggestions on how to prepare the interview? I would appreciate it.
I have no idea :) Since she told you that you don't have to prepare for the interview I would assume it will not be technical but I might be wrong. Just make sure you know why are you going for FE and what do you want to do with it and after it.

I have no idea :) Since she told you that you don't have to prepare for the interview I would assume it will not be technical but I might be wrong. Just make sure you know why are you going for FE and what do you want to do with it and after it.
Thank you again for your suggestions. They are very helpful.:)

i got this email as well and am scheduled for a skype interview tomorrow. has anyone had theirs yet? id love to hear some feedback

i got this email as well and am scheduled for a skype interview tomorrow. has anyone had theirs yet? id love to hear some feedback
I just had the interview yesterday. It was horrible. She asked some technical questions based on your resume. Good luck:)

I just had the interview yesterday. It was horrible. She asked some technical questions based on your resume. Good luck:)

thats surprising since the email clearly says "You DO NOT NEED to prepare for these interviews. The goal is to
get to know you a little better and discuss your application." anyways thanks for the heads up

Back