• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Visa interview cancelled

Anyone else in the same boat and not able to go despite paying all the fees?
27DAA9FE-FD1F-4B80-8DDF-9D28AAB1674A.jpeg

I haven't made an appointment (also in Singapore), I suppose by July 6 we'll hear some official info, based on your email.

Fwiw Columbia MFE has told us that we can take part of the first semester online and go there in late October or even early January next year, while accumulating enough credit to be eligible for internships in Summer 2021.

That's lucky for you, my course is only 2 semesters long, and going online won't let me be eligible for internships or jobs. Not much hope since they have been cancelling visa interviews since june, yet still allow people to book slots online and taking my money... quite annoyed that I paid $232 for nothing.

That's lucky for you, my course is only 2 semesters long, and going online won't let me be eligible for internships or jobs. Not much hope since they have been cancelling visa interviews since june, yet still allow people to book slots online and taking my money... quite annoyed that I paid $232 for nothing.
That's quite a terrible situation. Frankly I wouldn't go for it if I can't get an internship, since my goal (and I believe yours too) is to get a long-term employment after graduation. Not being eligible for internship due to lack of credits or physical presence would be a huge deterrent to me.

Columbia has this "GET" program which frankly I'm not entirely sure how it works right now, but it seems to make internship mandatory, and enrolling in it would allow me to do internship throughout summer even if the first half of Fall semester is taken online. It would be great if other programs can arrange something similar: Global Engineering Track.

What's worse for me is I have to serve a 1-month notice period. I dont dare to resign yet as this is not confirmed that i will be able to go. And if it's less than 1-month's notice, i got to pay my company.

I have no expectations.
Sucks that most Top universities don't allow deferment eg UCLA. Only Georgia Tech.
DB2A6677-39C3-4EC4-AB34-14E7A3645B37.jpeg

Back