• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Vol-arb internship opportunity for senior/MFE student

A contact of mine is looking for someone who is either a senior college or first year MFE student for a paid learning opportunity for a one to one half year duration. The person must be in NYC area. This could be a perfect way to leverage your technical skills to gain relevant experience.
If interested,
sergeilevin at yahoo.com
The project is to build full infrastructure for a vol-arb business, so there is some database work, some grunt-level IT work, a lot of library development in R and some in C++. If I find the right person, this could develop into a full time opportunity or a long-term partnership.

(1) a beginning masters or a senior undergraduate student, the project will last a year to year and a half
(2) time commitment of about 10-12 hours a week, including 1-2 hours of face to face work
(3) IT skill set: R (required), familiarity with SQL scripting and DB administration, C++. General IT savvy very important
(4) basic understanding of options theory and concepts of statistical arbitrage
(5) good background in statistics, especially signal processing
(6) interest in capital markets and volatility trading

Only number (6) is key, everything else (assuming good math and IT background) is easy to pick up. Pay will depend on the background and productivity.

Hey Andy, I am very interesting in this position and I am curretly in NYC and plan stay here at least until NOv, 2013(OPT status), I attached resume for your review. Hope to hearing from you.

(1) a beginning masters or a senior undergraduate student, the project will last a year to year and a half
(2) time commitment of about 10-12 hours a week, including 1-2 hours of face to face work
(3) IT skill set: R (required), familiarity with SQL scripting and DB administration, C++. General IT savvy very important
(4) basic understanding of options theory and concepts of statistical arbitrage
(5) good background in statistics, especially signal processing
(6) interest in capital markets and volatility trading
Only number (6) is key, everything else (assuming good math and IT background) is easy to pick up. Pay will depend on the background and productivity.

Hi Andy,
What types of job positions would you recommend to a MFE student whose strength is in Finance/Derivatives/Investment theory?
I saw many job posts claiming that they need "basic" understanding of these theory, but mainly focus on IT skills.

Back