• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What are the trading platforms that have API's for R.

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some advice or practical experience with regards to choosing a trading platform which integrates well with R for automated trading.

Here's some context for my current system, I'm currently trading on Ninjatrader manually however I'm looking to create another sub-portfolio aimed at automated quantitative trading.

"Various platforms " - that webscrape, obtain and populate stock related data and store on an in-house SQL.
SQL - where I store all my stock data.
R - where I do all my analysis and backtesting.
"trading platform" - ideally takes trading signals generated in R and executes.

So I'm looking for advise as to what would be the best platform for the last step, any advice is appreciated. Are there also possibilities to create a full trading platform in R? (if so, resources?)

Last edited:
Interactive Brokers (or in Europe, Lynx, which uses the same data / API but for cheaper) might be a good bet

Back