• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What is meant by *Recommended* for admission

Hi All,
I got mail from Univ. of Michigan that I have been *recommended* for admission and will get a mail soon regarding next steps, fee deposits and all.

I am confused that what exactly is meant by *recommended*? Language of letter shows that I am finally selected for the program.
Andy, can you help please.

It's an "unofficial" way of saying you are admitted.
The program does not admit you. Admission decisions have to come from , well, Admission Office. At some universities, these will come from Graduate Admission Office. Some come from the Business School or School of Science/Engineering the program belongs to.

So, it's basically saying the program is sending your name to Admission Office so they can take care of the rest (sending out admission package, visa paper, financial documents and what not)

Congrats.

It's an "unofficial" way of saying you are admitted.
The program does not admit you. Admission decisions have to come from , well, Admission Office. At some universities, these will come from Graduate Admission Office. Some come from the Business School or School of Science/Engineering the program belongs to.

So, it's basically saying the program is sending your name to Admission Office so they can take care of the rest (sending out admission package, visa paper, financial documents and what not)

Congrats.

Many Many thanks Andy and adt.
Now I feeling bit relaxed. :)

I have been admitted to UCB as well and need to make a fee comparison now. I visited link http://ro.umich.edu/tuition/full.php#Lower_Eng for Michigan but its too tough for me to decipher their total tuition fee.
Can anyone help as I am pretty new to the kind of fee structure given at this link.

Many thanks in advance.

UMich stopped sending out paper mail for acceptance letter, so you'll only get an email notification.

Back