• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What Type of Strategies for Stock Index Futures

Hi guys!

(I do not know if this is the right forum. Moderators, please feel free to move this thread to a more suitable forum.)

First a couple of disclaimers;
1. I am a newbie in these forums
2. I am a newbie in the quant world

OK, so having that out of the way. At the moment I am working on a project to adapt an open source trading system to a particular geographic market. I have now come to the part when I just want to see if what I have done works :), and I would like to test this by applying some test strategies on stock index futures.

So my question is what type of strategies would you guys tend to use when it comes to stock index futures?

Niels

Hi guys!

(I do not know if this is the right forum. Moderators, please feel free to move this thread to a more suitable forum.)

First a couple of disclaimers;
1. I am a newbie in these forums
2. I am a newbie in the quant world

OK, so having that out of the way. At the moment I am working on a project to adapt an open source trading system to a particular geographic market. I have now come to the part when I just want to see if what I have done works :), and I would like to test this by applying some test strategies on stock index futures.

So my question is what type of strategies would you guys tend to use when it comes to stock index futures?

Niels

I think the question is a bit unclear... What specifically are you trying to test. If you have some data analysis in your system and want to check how the program connects the net, how database works, etc. @Troy might tell you something useful

I think the question is a bit unclear... What specifically are you trying to test. If you have some data analysis in your system and want to check how the program connects the net, how database works, etc. @Troy might tell you something useful
Hi Tsotne,
You are right - my question is probably a bit vague. I guess I was asking more along the lines of; what typical algo / quant strategies are being used for stock index futures trading. I obviously don't ask what particular strategies someone is using, but more along the lines of what types of strategies. Does that make sense?

Niels

Yeah that's why I suggested to ask troy your question. He's involved in similar things and he gives useful answer.

Back