• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

which gre should i send

i take gre twice, but both are not very good.
one is V155 Q170 AW3, another is V159 Q166 AW3.5...
which one should i send for my MFE application? does Q170 make a big difference from Q166?

I can't be sure about how the ad coms. will look at it but I believe improving verbal with 4 points and AW with 0.5 is not worth it decreasing quant with 4 points.

thanks for your reply, but i am afraid that some schools will use aw3.5 as cut off line... is that true?

Send both, adcom will see that you were able to achieve high score in each section.
There is nothing you can do about your GPA so stop worrying about it. Given that many strong students have 3.5+ GPA got admitted, it does not mean programs have a cut off GPA. It just means people with weak profiles usually have a low GPA as well.

Back