• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Which MFE program is your "Final Destination"?

Since I don't have classes today (thanks to Patriot's Day in MA) and taking a break from watching a sea of reds in the market, I will start again.

Final Destination - Columbia MSOR

After a lot of thinking and a week of no life :(, I've decided to go for Cornell ORIE: FE. Had also admits from Baruch MFE and Columbia MSOR.
I just hope this doesn't turn out to be the biggest mistake of my life :confused:

I applaud your effort in going out of your way to talk to as many people as possible. If every applicant is like you, I'm afraid the low quality programs won't be able to survive.
At the end of the day, you analyze the info you have and make a decision that you will have to live with. There is no need to second guess yourself and nobody should tell you otherwise. They don't pay your student loan, only you.
And we need some informers from Cornell FE as well so you know where to reach me ;)

Hey Roni, enjoy Cornell and Ithaca! Check out the farmer's market and the brownie ala mode at Moosewood Restaurant.

I am going to Baruch part time this fall. So exciting....

hi Andy,
i have admit from Claremont university, CA and IIT,Chicago for Financial engineering..can u suggest which univ i should go.

NYU full time for me. :)

Out of NYU, Uni of Chic and LSE (trackers updated).

Thought about it for quite a while and talked about it to quite a number of individuals (not discounting the generous amount of research done). In the end, NYU prevails ;)

@rupali
Can you add your timelines to the Tracker?

Did you read the reviews?
http://www.quantnet.com/review-iit-ms-finance-program/
http://www.quantnet.com/review-cgu-mfe-program/

In the end, the story seems to be revolving around placement, career services for international students. Many domestic students have no problem getting jobs from either program. Take a look at the size of the incoming class, how many international students are there, and how many dedicated full-time career services staff each program has to help connect you with firms. And what is the latest stats on internship/placement.

You should be able to get your answer quickly and thoroughly for these inquiries. Don't be afraid to ask tough questions. If they don't want to give you straight answers for these basic queries, you do not want to study there.

@applesquall
If you ask me, it's a pretty easy decision to make. Glad to see you finally made a decision.

Haha. Thanks Andy.

I guess it may be a straight-forward decision for most...but the cost of the program + living expenses really matter a lot to me. That's why I took quite a while to make the final decision.

Regardless...I look forward to life in NYC :)

Back