• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

which mfe programs dont allow deferral???

I am considering to apply for 2021 fall so any programs with lots reserved students from previous year deferrals are ones I try to avoid to apply. so everybody, by what you hear, see, experience, which schools dont allow the entire one year's deferral?? for some extreme scenarios, if most deferral students cant entry the country due to visa restrictions, and they are happy to finish the academic program all online in their own countries, do we expect the school expand the class size to put more seats on campus??

Purely "online" students may not be able to do internships in the US though, I think F-1 CPT requires two semesters of physical presence in the US unless they changed anything. Something to consider if you're a foreigner looking to get work experience in the US.

Purely "online" students may not be able to do internships in the US though, I think F-1 CPT requires two semesters of physical presence in the US unless they changed anything. Something to consider if you're a foreigner looking to get work experience in the US.
cant gauge what percentage of admitted students are willing to take on-line classes w/o intern opportunities but has to pay the same tuitions?? if most of them feel ok about this then open positions for next fall look quite limited....

I certainly wouldn't pay the tuition fees asked by these MFE programs if they don't come with internship/full-time opportunities, but online degrees charging 70-100k+ aren't exactly new so there must be demand for them.

I certainly wouldn't pay the tuition fees asked by these MFE programs if they don't come with internship/full-time opportunities, but online degrees charging 70-100k+ aren't exactly new so there must be demand for them.
Well guess you didnt hear about EOS, which has already made OPT infeasible. Regardless intl students are physically being here or not, getting OPT upon graduation sounds extremely difficult due to the new EOS policy. So I only worry about suppose most of admitted student take the offer and implement all courses online abroad, would the schools expand class size...

I
Cornell said today at the seminar that they have people joining the program in Fall 2021 from which they were accepted last year and deferred, but added that it should/will not change the amount of people who get accepted this year.
thx for sharing us the good news!

Back