• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Why did you choose Quantitative Finance?

I like your outlook, but I hope you gave your depositors their money back first before skipping the country. Otherwise that is called embezzlement...and embezzlement is bad.
I think he means bank account :P

I like your outlook, but I hope you gave your depositors their money back first before skipping the country. Otherwise that is called embezzlement...and embezzlement is bad.

There was no deposit. I sold all my toys and then I started to loan money to my family members.

I even had membership cards.

Also made them sign a contract that says they would repay me at the due date. :D

considering the current scenario are there people who are apprehensive about joining the MFE courses??
Or am I the only one?

Well, many of my physicist friends after completing their phd now works in finance. I'm disgusted by that but hey, physics doesn't pay much. So, I'm doing the opposite.

And this does not mean that I do not like the financial world. Au contraire, I actually opened my 1st bank at the age of 7 and made enough money so by the age of 12, I paid my own airplane ticket costs to move from N-Africa to N-America. ;)

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44076010/America_s_Highest_Paying_Jobs_2011?slide=2

If you're a professor at an university, sure. But these are like 5 out of 200 physicists.

Most people who study physics end up working in another domain.

So, don't get fooled with that 100k average salary.

You should also ask how many years did it take them to get 100k.

According to BLS the median is 102k so it isn't that bad either.

The median is 10k shy of the avg. and is the 15th highest paying job. You understand median right? There are 16k people in this field. 8k of them are earning higher than 102k. 50% isn't a few.

The median is 10k shy of the avg. and is the 15th highest paying job. You understand median right? There are 16k people in this field. 8k of them are earning higher than 102k. 50% isn't a few.

after how many years do they get these salaries.

I got physicist friends who work for the governement and they get paid 50k.

The only ones I know making 100k are the university professors.
And they get their professor status after years of unions butt kissing.

And keep in mind that those 16k physicists are NOT all US citizens. You should look at how many US individuals who graduated in physics (phd's, masters, etc) don't work in their field.

I mean sure, if I bring the crème de la crème physicits in the world, obviously, they'll be productive and will be paid good.

OES branch of the Federal Govt has a mean of 113k. Go to bureau of labor and statistics and you can view all the information. University mean is 83k. However, Chi has mean of 130k.

OES branch of the Federal Govt has a mean of 113k. Go to bureau of labor and statistics and you can view all the information. University mean is 83k. However, Chi has mean of 130k.

How many of the 16k currently in the US are US citizens?

Back