• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Will CQF with the right knowledge

Hi everyone,

I am considering studying for the CQF but wanted to understand the level of depth of the course.

My background:

- I work in risk management and have a Masters in Finance from London Business School. I have attended a couple of course on financial engineering and fixed income and am familiar with the math that goes around quant finance. However, I am not a quant, by far. I don't have a training in maths/statistics apart from what is part of a normal economics/finance/business administration course.

My problem working in the industry is that when I try to read some books on these topics (I name Brigo / Mercurio on interest rates as an example) I am completely lost after 2 lines and the the first filtrations/sigma algebra and borel sets.

That said, I understand this course will not turn you into a superquant developing c++ exotic pricing models for Goldman, will it equip me with the right tools to then follow some topics on my own (maybe not getting 100% of the rigour but getting the gist for a simple implementation)? Is this even possible in 6 months if you don't have a Math Degree in the first place?

I would really appreciate some comments from people who have taken the course or some that have picked up these skills on the way and can relate

Thanks in addvance

Gianni

Back