• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

woo... do we have enough pumpkins this year?

Very nice design for today's theme, Andy (and whoever else contributed)! I got freaked out by the "darkness" at first. Very cute!! :D

Hahaha...I keep this window open together with my Bloomberg screens which are also dark and fancy, traders behide me and my manager beside cann't tell what I am looking at. :) ...Andy, can we have Halloween everyday ?

Treat or trick, folks!

Was pleasantly surprised :) First moment I though I got the wrong site...

Hahaha...I keep this window open together with my Bloomberg screens which are also dark and fancy, traders behide me and my manager beside cann't tell what I am looking at. :) ...Andy, can we have Halloween everyday ?

Trick or treat, folks!
Agreed, its a nice skin nice for eyes. I like it this way as well.
Yan, what you can do is install this add-on for Firefox and tweak CSS of how quantnet is displayed in your browser.
On mac you can invert system colors by pressing "Ctrl+Alt+Apple+8"
In Windows, you can invert system colors (white becomes black, black becomes white) using PowerStrip This one doesn't work well with Firefox open for some reasons... I use it sometimes when my eyes get fatigue. It comforts eyes; spreadsheets, pdf, and programming code have better readability with inverted color settings (white letters on black background). Downfall is, your bloomberg screen would become the inverse of fancy ;)

Treat or trick!

Latex looks pretty weird in this scheme:

(Cov(x,y)=\frac{\sum{xy}-\frac{\sum x \sum y}{n}}{n-1} = 0.00069931 )

:)

Great work. I was shocked and I thought....Halloween's virus..!

Hahaha...I keep this window open together with my Bloomberg screens which are also dark and fancy, traders behide me and my manager beside cann't tell what I am looking at. :)
Interesting idea. I think I may know what you are talking about ;)
Andy, can we have Halloween everyday ?
Agreed, its a nice skin nice for eyes. I like it this way as well.
The Halloween style is not only appropriate for everyday use but I probably will make another variance of the default style in dark color and offer it as choices for people who like dark color.
Let's call it Bloomberg style. It will have the same color scheme as Bloomberg terminal screen. :)

Andy, awesome theme!!! I've made it my default theme :) very nice when I'll wake up in the middle of the night to check the forum :D

I added a new style called [QN] - Black. Select it from the dropdown menu at the bottom left. Hopefully, this would help those who look at QN during the day at work.

Call it "Black Monday" to be more consistent with financial industry ;)

I added a new style called [QN] - Black. Select it from the dropdown menu at the bottom left. Hopefully, this would help those who look at QN during the day at work.

Thank you Andy.
I tried it today, the theme and frame is black, but the color scheme of the thread is not "Bloomberg Terminal" enough :D, so I still have to make the screen as small as possible.

Back