• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch MFE Would there be a record of the contexts of the info. session? and worry about the interview

Shuming

quant dreamer from China
Hello guys,

Having being in this wonderful quant community for some time, I really appreciate this beloved platform and opportunity to learn from all of you.

I’m a senior undergraduate majoring in applied math in China. I’m very interested in Baruch MFE and is preparing for the phone interview on Jan 14th.

Here's my background. I would appreciate if anyone can evaluate whether I’m qualified for it or give some suggestions.

--- GPA 3.82/4. (Math GPA 3.9/4), some prizes in math modeling contests.
--- Two publications in Chinese and some academic project experience concerning Markov-switching, SDEs and Brownian motion.
--- GRE: Q:800, V 570; T 107/120
--- Experienced in C\C++\Matlab\SAS, highest score in C++ class (though it’s a fundamental course), and a Matlab-based financial computation project experience.
--- Internships in Accenture (data-mining & management consulting), Standard Chartered Bank, local investment management firm, and futures brokerage (sta-arb group)

I think my math background is a plus, but I don’t have any full-time working experience, and my financial knowledge might not be so fabulous as some finance practitioner applicants.

It’s really a huge pity that I cannot attend the info. session on Jan 12th, so I’m a little worry about the coming interview.

Would there be a record of the contexts of the info. session?

What are my chances of getting into Baruch?

Or need I take the summer refreshers?

Thank everyone in advance.

based on the brief bio that you have provided, your chances are good. If you end up at Baruch, I think you will do great. Get in touch with Dan the director ASAP.

based on the brief bio that you have provided, your chances are good. If you end up at Baruch, I think you will do great. Get in touch with Dan the director ASAP.

Thank you John.
I would really appreciate it if I could end up in Baruch.
My dream is to be a quant trader or quant fund manager in NYC, and I think this program just fits me perfectly.

Indeed, we now have two rounds of interviews in case that is needed. Good luck on the interview!

Back