• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

2 years till graduation.

Hey
I'm new to this network .i'm egyptian ,studying communication systems engineering and signal processing here in egypt. I still got two years till i graduate and The word financial engineering is not familiar here in egypt,Noone knows about it!
I found this field by chance and the more i read about it the more I felt that this is what i should be doing for living!

What i'm afraid of is that when i Apply I won't be admitted cuz i dont have any years of experience in my field,and cuz i would graduate from a university that is not well known globaly.
I'm planning to apply next year , I wouldnt have finished my bachelor degree yet is that possible?? I mean I should apply at least 6 months early than the start time of the program and I want to start as soon as i graduate.

I need counceling. What courses should I study what should i prove myself in so that i would have better chances at being admitted ??
I have two years i'm planning to take the Business finance cambridge certificate and improve my programming skills.
what else should I do??
Its my dream now to become a quant,Plz help!

It's possible. No way to know for sure until you try.

To better your chances, take lots of math courses and learn to program. A high GRE score is important for US programs, not sure about UK.

Look at the requirements of a few top programs you are interested in.

You can apply as soon as you want, as long as you obtain a bachelor degree before the master program starts.
Obviously, if you apply too early, you won't have enough required courses to be considerd for admission.

While I have seen a number of people applying in their senior college year, majority of applicants have already graduated or been working for few years.

Back