• Visit the 2024 QuantNet ranking of the Best UK Quant MSc Programs.

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

7 Types Of People Who Fail In Finance

To earn a career (or even a job offer) in finance, you needed to have sufficiently impressed your interviewers. The finance setting in the real world is competitive. Occasionally, HR will let in finance professionals with uber personalities. They have spark, personality and commendable accomplishments. Unfortunately, as their peer group begins to work with them, these peers come to a realization that there are certain dysfunctional behaviors that serve as roadblocks to teamwork, realizing team objectives and smooth execution. Here are seven personality types that you find that injects poison into finance's unique corporate culture.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/financialcareers/09/7-people-fail-finance.asp

oh hey let's people everyone in simple categories, that's new

edit: throw in finance buzz words too

haha i deal with clients all day.

I just find articles like these funny. Like, I'm going to read it and say, "you know what, I'm a pontificating, selffish asshole, good thing I read this article; now I know I have to change!"

The piece just serves to validate people can't stand, or can't work with the types of people listed, so they can be like 'oh I totally know a guy like that, this article is SO TRUE!'. And their just such extreme archetypes it's comical fluff.

Many people with bad qualities become successful in finance. Even more people with the good qualities fail at finance.

And maybe they become writers for websites, on how to succeed in finance.

Back