• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

a question about application of program

Hi, everyone,

I applied Baruch MFE program on April 1 and completed my file on April 5(except my official GRE, but I have sent a copy). Now I am waiting for my result. Through the status check, it is still under "not reveiw yet". Is there anyone know how long should I wait for processing my case?

I am a PhD in Canada and I should go to Japan for one month from May 09. What I worry about is that it may be very un-convinient for me if I have an opportunity for interview during that period of time.

Thanks.

Dave :--

Although I can't comment on when your application would be reviewed -- I think if you contact the Graduate studies office (Tel 646-312-4490 , wsas_gradaute_studies@baruch.cuny.edu) and explain your situation they may give you an idea...
Also if I were you, I would not be worried because most interviews on the second round are telephonic interviews, so really all you need is a number here you can be reached....

sp

Thanks, Pardasani and Andy, I just checked status, and found it changed to "Wait", does that mean my file is under review?

Thanks, Pardasani and Andy, I just checked status, and found it changed to "Wait", does that mean my file is under review?
No, they are done with reviewing your application. It's waiting for the final decision from the committee. The next change on your status will be either Denied or Admitted.
If they deem you are a good fit for our program, you will be contacted for an interview. Whatever happens after that depends on lot of things. Keep checking the status and the email you use for application.
Nothing you can do at this stage but keep your fingers crossed.
Best of luck.

Back