• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Advice for an undergrad

CGiuliano

Lowly Undergrad
Hey everyone,

I'am a Math Major/Finance Minor at Baruch. I have been researching Financial engineering and I have a few questions for anyone willing to answer:

1. What are the main differences between these "tracks"
Financial Markets and Corporate Finance
Computational Finance
Financial Information Services and Technology

2. I've taken object oriented programing using C++ and now I am doing Comp. Algo's 1 should I continue to take a computer class every semester? Are two classes enough?

3. Will I be at an advantage because my curriculum contains probability, stochastic, monte carlo, Algo's and Intro Financial Math?

4. Right now I have a 3.88 and am preparing for my GRE's almost two years in advance, but I have no work/internship experience. How important is this aspect? Where should I be looking for intern/jobs?

Oh yeah, one downside my degree is B.A. because Baruch does not offer B.S. Mathematics... How will this affect me on the job/grad school front?

Thanks

Back