• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Advice on Admissions 2007

Guys,

Can someone advice me on admissions in MFE in US or UK or Asia.

Exp 30 months in Information Technology, presently in a MNC in Bangalore
B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from NIT, Allahabad,passed with 70%.
89% in 10th standard
86.2% in 12th standard

Done NCFM certfifications in Financial Markets, Securities, Derivatives and Capital Markets
GMAT 660(Qnts 50, Verbal 28) AWA 5.5

I have not applied to any colleges till now. I just want to know where all can I get admission into and what could be the best choice.
Should I also take GRE, or take GMAT again for better scores??

Typically, by what time should the applications to colleges be made??
Could someone point to some links too on admissions 2007, and is there any ranking among colleges for MFE.
What is really necessary to get admission to the best colleges??

I have not applied to any colleges till now. I just want to know where all can I get admission into and what could be the best choice.
Should I also take GRE, or take GMAT again for better scores??
You should take GRE. Most programs require GRE, only a few prefer GMAT.
Typically, by what time should the applications to colleges be made??
Could someone point to some links too on admissions 2007, and is there any ranking among colleges for MFE.
http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/math/masters.html
Most programs have already sent out admit/reject letters for first round by now. Deadline varies for each program. Baruch MFE's deadline is April 30. In general, you have one, two months left to apply for 2007.
There is no offical ranking for MFE programs.

I can't tell what your chances since the admission is based on many factors, not just your exam scores. I'd strongly recommend that you sign up for the Chat on Wednesday 24th with the director of the program to get more info. Just go to the homepage (www.quantnet.com) and sign up. If you want to talk to current students, then come back on Sunday (Jan 21) at around 11pm EST time, there's a community chat being organized. Check out this thread https://www.quantnet.com/threads/mfe-program-profile-evaluation-master-thread.202/

Back