• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Advice on Quantitative Finance Courses in Europe and Canada

Hi,

I am Pulkit Gaur. I graduated from Delhi Technological University, India with a degree in Bachelors of Technology with my major in Mathematics and Computing in June 2018 with a CPI of 85.55%(Class Rank 1). I took a lot of quantitative courses like Differential Equations, Real Analysis, Linear Algebra, Matrix Computation, Probability and Statistics, Financial Engineering, Scientific Computing, Stochastic Processes, Mathematical Modelling and Simulation, Econometrics, Operations Research. Also, I took programming courses like Data Structures and Algorithms, DBMS, OS etc. I am proficient in Python, C++, and Java and have intermediate experience in Matlab.

Currently, I am working as a Quantitative Analyst and Trader at a proprietary trading firm in New Delhi. I have done internship at the same firm as well as one research internship at Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar, related to option pricing. I am applying for Masters in Quantitative Finance/Computational Finance/Financial Engineering in Europe and Canada in universities like Oxford, Imperial, Toronto, Waterloo, ETH Zurich, EPFL, Erasmus University. Also, I scored an 8 band in IELTS.

What are the chances to secure an admit in any of these universities without a GRE score? Also, it would be really helpful if someone could suggest some other universities.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back