• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

advises for interview preparation

Yang_Pop

Tina.Yang
Hi. I have just completed the application of MFE of Baruch College and MSC in Finance of CUHK, which both requires academic and technical interviews. The areas mainly involved are calculus, Probability, linear Algebra, C++ programming. Additionally, interview of MSC in Finance of CUHK may concern some thoughts on latest financial issues, such as the debt crisis of European areas.

Now I haven't decided a book for the preparation of Probability, and C++ programming yet. Could please you recommend some books for me? And is there any good website for the preparation of the questions about the financial issues?

Thanks very much.

Did you see the master reading list?
There are several guides in there that list sample of things you should cover.
Head over to our Quant Interview section for list of simple brainteaser question
http://www.quantnet.com/forum/forums/quant-interview.41/

Read WSJ everyday until your interview. There is no shortcut in learning about issues in finance.

Why do a lot of people stress on regularly reading the WSJ ? I follow seekingalpha.com, reuters.com and economist.com (finance blogs on this site) for my daily dose of financial news. Am I missing something if I am not a regular reader of WSJ ?

Why do a lot of people stress on regularly reading the WSJ ? I follow seekingalpha.com, reuters.com and economist.com (finance blogs on this site) for my daily dose of financial news. Am I missing something if I am not a regular reader of WSJ ?

There are plenty of valid sources that can be used to stay in the loop regarding financial news. In my experience, it is easier to discuss these issues with others in the industry if you read WSJ simply because that is what most others are reading. In addition I read FT (as well as various web sources including the ones mentioned above). It has much better columnists and global news than WSJ.

Not sure if anyone picked up on what wrong with the title of this thread. It should be "advice" not "advise" nor "advises/advices". It's one of the most common mistakes in English. I should know because I used to use the wrong one.
Yeah, really a misleading mistake..It should be advices~;)

Back