• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch MFE Am I qualified with Baruch MFE

Am I qualified for Baruch MFE

Hi everyone,

I'm from China and going to apply for Baruch MFE program. I hope I can be equipped with sufficient skills through MFE and then switch to finance industry. My goal is to pursue a quant position in trading or risk management.

Here's my profile. I would appreciate if anyone can evaluate or give suggestions.

- 5+ years on top IT companies in China. Currently I'm working as a senior software development engineer for High Performance Computing projects at China R&D center of some Amercian company.
- Proficient in C/C++, 5 years of hand-on commercial software development experience.
- GMAT 700, Q51
- Bachelor degree in mathematics, GPA 3.2
- Master in Computer Science, GPA 3.2
- When I was undergraduate, I took math required courses such as Calculus (three semesters), Linear Algebra (two semester), Probability and statistics (one semester). In additions, I took other courses like Partial Differential Equation, Functions of Real Variable, Functional Analysis, Numerical Analysis.

Since I just took GMAT exam last week, I'm preparing for my application materials. Just want to know whether I have chance to be reviewed if I catch the deadline of Apr 1 2010?

Again, I'm very concerned about my finance background because I don't either take any finance course or have related work experience. So I'm signing up CFA level I exam at June 2010 to learn basic finance knowledge. Is it helpful to application?

Thanks in advance.

Strong C++ background and weak finance background would be fine, provided that you read a finance book on your own.

If the application is submitted before or on April 1, 2010, it will be reviewed promptly. We expect to make all decision by April 23, but most will be made much sooner.

Good luck!

Dan, thanks a lot. I'm excited to see your reply.:)

Strong C++ background and weak finance background would be fine, provided that you read a finance book on your own.

If the application is submitted before or on April 1, 2010, it will be reviewed promptly. We expect to make all decision by April 23, but most will be made much sooner.

Good luck!

Back