• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Any recommended C++ readings?

Hey guys, I am teaching myself creating C++ dlls for excel. I find it hard to learn by myself. I am thinking i might miss some key knowledge underlying the ideas of creating C++ dlls. I have some experience of programming console applications using devC++ and CodeLite, but I am new to VS2010 and have no win32 programming experience before. Below is a list of cs courses I have taken. C++, data structure, assembly language and computer organization and algorithm analysis.

Would you guys recommend any readings for me to catch up? Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey guys, I am teaching myself creating C++ dlls for excel. I find it hard to learn by myself. I am thinking i might miss some key knowledge underlying the ideas of creating C++ dlls. I have some experience of programming console applications using devC++ and CodeLite, but I am new to VS2010 and have no win32 programming experience before. Below is a list of cs courses I have taken. C++, data structure, assembly language and computer organization and algorithm analysis.

Would you guys recommend any readings for me to catch up? Any advice would be appreciated.

Try this two:

XLL development (if I remember right first 4 or 5 chapters dealing with simple dll approach and explanation of difference b/w data types in vb/vba and c++)
Excel Add-in Development in C/C++: Applications in Finance

Excel Automation approach.
C# in Front Office: Advanced C# in Practice
Excel->C#->C++/CLI wrapper->C++ (Chapter 4)

Unfortunately, if you start from the scratch both ways is real headache and there is no much literature on both topics.

Do you think any win 32 programming experience would be helpful? I am thinking maybe I should start from programming windows applications.

Back