• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE Anybody on the waitlist hear from UCB?

on Dec. 14th, I accept the waitlist offer from UCB, their email recommends that I should take their precourses, read some books and they will re-interview me in the late Jan, 2014.
Does any body also on the waitlist? Do you hear from UCB?

I was asked to do the same. They said they'll have me interviewed in late Jan and will get back to me about it in a week's time or so. Did not have an interview before. Was waitlisted on 13th.

Did anyone register for the pre-MFE program courses ? I wanted to know if the lecture notes are downloadable since if I dont make it, I at least have the notes to refer to later on if and when I pursue my MFE elsewhere.

Just after I post this thread, UCB sent me an email and asked me to update what I have done. Hi, guys, where are you from? Do you think we can have a talk about our application and cowork to prepare something like the courses, Do you have any IM like QQ or skype? Click on my left portrait to contect me, and we can have a nice talk. These waiting days are really suffering.

Did anyone register for the pre-MFE program courses ? I wanted to know if the lecture notes are downloadable since if I dont make it, I at least have the notes to refer to later on if and when I pursue my MFE elsewhere.
Just after I post this thread, UCB sent me an email and asked me to update what I have done. Hi, guys, where are you from? Do you think we can have a talk about our application and cowork to prepare something like the courses, Do you have any IM like QQ or skype? Click on my left portrait to contect me, and we can have a nice talk. These waiting days are really suffering.

Any updates! Have they rolled out any offer. I guess, ad com told to all waitlisted candidates that they will schedule an interview in the last week of Jan. Has anyone got interview call!

I believe the interviews have been postponed to early to mid February or perhaps they've started interviewing and will be doing so till mid Feb.

I wish! I will either have a MFE or an MBA in two years time though. But, I'm well versed with the financial markets pertaining to the MFE side in the US.

You will man, good luck!!!! You are only targeting UCB?

I believe the interviews have been postponed to early to mid February or perhaps they've started interviewing and will be doing so till mid Feb.
What is the source of your information? Have you called them? Mid Feb is way too late

I had my second round of interview this week but haven't heard back yet.

Anybody else got interview call ?
interviewed today, when will the final results be available. Enduring waiting suffers a lot.

interviewed today, when will the final results be available. Enduring waiting suffers a lot.
I don't feel there is any thing like final result. I haven't heard anything yet. When I called them they said we will let you know once any slot is open.

Just curios to know you had your interview with current students or ad com.

Did anyone hear from the school about the final result? I online chatted with them and they said all applicants will be notified by Apr 4, 2014. :(

I got an invitation for an interview this morning by email.
I thought I had been rejected, but I guess I might be one of the last people to do an interview.

To those who have already done their interviews:
Are there technical questions, or are the questions more general as in all other interviews?

Who is going to interview you? If anyone apart from ad com then it would be a technical round. You can call them and ask.

Any news? Has anyone heard back from the ad com? It is already 19th mar

Back