• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Anyone from Quantnet is IAFE member?

I was wondering how many quantnet members are also IAFE members. It would be great to hear some insights about it as I have been thinking about becoming a member. I have been curious about how helpful the member area discussion and resource they provide are to a newbie. Any comment is appreciated! Thanks!
smile.png

I was a recent member when I was a student (very very affordable student membership fees).
It has frequent networking events and really good discounts for journal articles and some books.
If you are NYC (or plan on being in NYC for networking purposes), its a great join.

However, after I moved to California (and no longer eligible for the student discount) I've let it lapsed since it is really only New York centric

I also recommend QWAFAEW. It's a bit more pricier, but it covers more than just the New York area (Though each local chapter requires its own membership dues)

@AZPalta
I guess IAFE knows about the drop in number of membership when people are out of school so they recently introduced something called Young Practitioner membership. They sent me this email a while ago (quoted below)

The International Association of Financial Engineers is happy to announce the creation of new membership level; the IAFE Young Practitioner Membership level. This level of membership is available to all professionals under 30 years of age for an annual fee of $100.

Everyone who joins at the Young Practitioner Level will enjoy all the benefits of full Practitioner level membership for a discounted rate. We hope this level of membership will allow recent graduates and young professionals the learning and networking opportunities of full Practitioner membership at a rate more affordable to those new to the field.

Back