• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Rutgers MSMF Anyone has idea about Rutgers MSMF

will it be too late to apply Rutgers MSMF at this moment? Is that program good?

actually, i've applied some other programs, but figure out that it's really competitive to enroll this year, and for fear that i'll be rejected later, so i'm thinking to apply this school...

anyone has ideas?

btw, how about the USC program?

It's an "us too" school. While the stats here is solid, the MSMF just seems a mishmosh of other courses thrown together. I'm not sure if they actually do any financial work. My time series professor asked in the beginning whether or not they actually worked with anything financial.

Nope.

It's an "us too" school. While the stats here is solid, the MSMF just seems a mishmosh of other courses thrown together. I'm not sure if they actually do any financial work. My time series professor asked in the beginning whether or not they actually worked with anything financial.

Nope.

so, u mean this program doesnt deserve our time and money?

That seems to be the case from the outside looking in. I mean if you feel that getting some cherry-picked elements of other solid programs constitutes a degree you'd be happy obtaining, by all means go for it. But I wouldn't call it as well thought-out as CMU's or Columbia's by any stretch.

That seems to be the case from the outside looking in. I mean if you feel that getting some cherry-picked elements of other solid programs constitutes a degree you'd be happy obtaining, by all means go for it. But I wouldn't call it as well thought-out as CMU's or Columbia's by any stretch.

I think Rutgers program with its new finance electives is far better than Columbia's MSOR program

Back