• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

API Weekly Statistical Bulletin anyone?

Guys this is driving me crazy.

I can't seem to find out how to subscribe to API's weekly publication that shows the status of the US crude inventories. I've tried the API website and all it does is lead me to an outsourced subscription provider that won't allow for electronic copies unless you call them (I'm from abroad so I'm trying not to give them a call). Does anyone know how much a subscription costs?

It seems like the only way I can make money off of trading WTI is if I got their publication.

Pre-emptive thanks.

PS: I know this isn't the right place to talk about trading, but I'll be glad to discuss some of my stop-loss determination methods if it's really required.

F5 F5 F5...

I think you are asking about EIA.... API comes out on tuesday and does not have as much market moving effect as EIA statistics.
I use reuters for charting and get both API and EIA data there....

Thanks darth, I get the EIA data every wednesday (about an hour ago). Then I realize that the market somehow considered the API data.

Although Ill take your word on it. Is reuters giving out the API data on tuesdays too?

Even I think the overnight data is somehow factored for EIA release ... Where are you based out of?

Kind of.... they're correlating it with the steep increase in consumption.
Oh btw, im trading as an individual, not for a corporation. I'm a power trader by profession. Just doing WTI as a hobby (i kinda suck at it).

I'm based in southeast asia (won't specify country unless in PM)

Darn, I actually contemplated on following the EIA data release, and short selling at 97.5 . I guess I dodged a bullet.. >_<"

Back