• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin Applicants for U of Toronto and York

Hey guys:
I've applied for U of T MMF, U of Waterloo Quant Finance, York U Applied Math.

Anyone also applied these schools?

Please come in and we can share info of admission news or other. Thanks.

David

I've applied at UofT , i've got baruch / nyu / NTU syngapore coming this week.

What is your background/info ?

I've applied at UofT , i've got baruch / nyu / NTU syngapore coming this week.

What is your background/info ?

Hey, thanks for joining.

Background: U of Calgary, Actuarial Science, minor Applied math and stat, GPA 3.9/4.0
Work: Software Developer 1 year intern, full time now.

You?

Mechanical Engineering : École Polytechnique Montréal
I've also decided to take some finance classes @ HEC Montreal
Undergrad GPA : 3.93/4

Work exp : two internships , one was to model thermal expansion of a radial sel
other was towards developping automated KPIs.

Extracurricular : winner of an international contest in sustainable dev.
economic mission in russia

Scholarships : 5 so far.

Man.. i'm very anxious about getting my answer.. I really want to get in this school !

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

from University of Toronto - MSc Mathematical Finance

Acceptance Rate: 10%
Annual Intake: 25-30

So far I heard this year it's gonna be more applicants for sure.
One of my prof said he wrote for 5 other students just for one school same program.

Don't know when U of T emails out the first round of pulls.

From the website, it says that in early march they will start sending out invitations. I'm a bit disappointed in their website, they should give out more admission statistics or info. Oh well.

Anyone else applying to UofT ?

I'm doing my undergrad at York (pure mathematics).

Are you going to apply for the Graduate Diploma in FE if you get in/accept the York U offer?

Here are two threads from GD.

MMF utoronto

MMF UToronto 2009-2010 Applicants

They give out a few detailed profiles of accepted people. They also talk about the interview process. Some people had a very brief phone interview (mostly to test comm skills & english level), while some others had a more formal interview (math quizz,etc), somewhat resembling a consulting interview.

Seemed to me that a lot of the international applicants last year had GRE done.
Well hopefully they don't care too much for applications who graduated in Canadian Schools with international status...

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

BTW, for U of T, everything is online except for official transcripts, correct?

I remember submitting SOP, Resume, References online.

Don't want to miss any required documents.

As for York, everything mailed, list is long...

From what I understood, students that have graduated from a canadian school are exempted from the GRE.

As for the online application. You had to submit SOP, Resumes and references online. TOEFL (if applicable) and send your transcripts by regular mail.

Check your status on SGS, it should say UNDER REVIEW if all the documents have been received and are in order.

Are they supposed to review the documents after Feb 01, or they will start review applicants with completed documents first?

If that's the case I'm gonna have to talk to my prof as he's still slacking off for just a button click~~~

from the mmf website.

Evaluation starting: Beginning of February

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone got the interview invite today from UT MMF. I got mine today for March 2...

My Background: UWaterloo, Mathematics, Fin. Analysis/Risk Management, GPA 3.7/4.0
Work: 3 internships for an investment bank in Toronto and Chicago.

Hey guys:
I've applied for U of T MMF, U of Waterloo Quant Finance, York U Applied Math.

Anyone also applied these schools?

Please come in and we can share info of admission news or other. Thanks.

David

Hello, Smartbing! I also applied for MQF. I wrote the Entrance exam online last Wednesday and I am waiting for the interview. Would you mind to share it if you have any information about MQF interview? Thanks in advance!

Hello, Smartbing! I also applied for MQF. I wrote the Entrance exam online last Wednesday and I am waiting for the interview. Would you mind to share it if you have any information about MQF interview? Thanks in advance!
hi ChengG,

when are your interview?

Hi tanglxd,

I still don't know yet. Did you hear anything from Waterloo about the interview?

Based on Mary's pdf guide. There'll be technical and brain teaser questions for sure. I guess just go through some brain teaser sites and read through your resume, that's what I'm gonna do.

Back