• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF Application timing

I want to apply to CMU for Fall 2011 Start. CMU has multiple deadlines.
Is there a disadvantage for applying later than the first or second deadline, i.e the third one? I am currently taking 2 math courses (as a review and to improve my grades) and expect the grades to be out by Feb 15, so I can apply before the third deadline but won't get an answer back until May (which is on the border of late for International students to apply and get a visa ).
On the other hand, I can apply now and mention in my application I am taking the Math courses.
What's better?
I can't see any application for CMU tracked in the tracker post the one on Jan 5th, so I am assuming most people apply rather early.

its best to apply as early as possible. i believe it is easier in the first round, especially for business schools, and second, if you miss any parts of your application, you can always complete them and still be on time unlike the latter rounds

I am definitely inclined to apply for R1 or at worst R2.
For another program, I was advised by the Head of Admission to apply once I get my grades for the fall.

you have just about a week for CMU R1, hope you have all your materials ready.

I am definitely inclined to apply for R1 or at worst R2.
For another program, I was advised by the Head of Admission to apply once I get my grades for the fall.

Back