• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

applying to PhD programs; quant

Hi, I'm a physics major who is deciding whether to apply to a Phd program or go straight into banking as an analyst? Which is better? I'm interested in research, but I know that I dont want to go work in the industry nor academia after my phd.

From physics to market you can take part of the quant program from Big Banks or do a certificate like wilmott or a MFE.
But I didnt get your question as well, you dont want to work after your PhD in the particular physics industry or any industry ?

You don't want to work in industry or academia after your PhD, so what do you want to do?
Exactly... I thought the point of getting a PhD is precisely to get into industry, research, or academia.

So what... you want to do research at CERN but not be a professor at any university?

Back