• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Applying to the states from the UK

I have started the preparation of my application to MFE programs in the states and other places around the world. I study Maths and Econ at the LSE in London, expected to gain a borderline First Class Honour degree. (no clue what that converts to in GPA, but according to the WES online tables, I have about 3.67 GPA)

I have done all the maths side of the pre requisites, and Finance and Econ. The statistics part, I am doing in my final year, which is called Probability, Distribution and Statistical Inference ST202. I am not too sure if it satisfies the stats requirement for MFE, but thats the only stats module I can choose to do next year. Regarding to work expereince, I have only had 2 months of Finance internship this summer.

Currently I am preparing for the GRE, aim for 800/500/4.5... I think that should be realistic for me, but is that enough? In addition, Since I dont have much exposure to programming in my university, apart from Maple which I dont think it has much relevance.. I am self learning C/C++ and planning to do an introductry course on it in London.

The schools I am looking to apply next year are Cornell, Columbia, NYU, Baruch, Gatech, UMich, U of T, LSE, Imperial College London, ETH Zurich

As you may see, I am trying to diversify my choices and make sure I get something at the end of the day. Do you guys think those are choices are realistic? Any I should include or exclude? Anything else I can do to strengthen my application? Also, I am very interested in knowing the propects of the Fin Math course at the JHU, if somebody can shed some light on that issue, that would be great.

Back