• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE Appreciate if someone can evaluate my profile

Hi,

I am from Hong Kong and am going to apply for the MFE programme of Berkeley. I really appreciate if someone here can help evaluate my profile:

University: City Univ of Hong Kong
Major: BBA in Quantitative Finance (currently final year)
GPA: 3.71

GMAT: 730 (51/98% Quantitative, 37/81% Verbal, 4/20% Writing)
TOEFL: can be waived

Programming: VBA (I didn't take VBA course, but VBA is used in the financial computing course), MATLAB (A), C++ (used in the project), Java (A-), and a course on algorithms (A)
Math: Calculus (A), Linear Algebra (A), Numerical Analysis, Probability (B+), Statistics (B+), Differential equation (B+)
Finance: Discrete-time and continuous-time option pricing (A), econometrics, portfolio management (A), a project on local-vol model (like senior thesis, A)

Certification: FRM L1 and L2; going to take CFA L1 this December
Work Experience: intern in HSBC's investment banking (back office) this summer, currently a part-time trading assistant in a trading firm.

BTW, I also need some suggestions on whether I should retake the GMAT. I got a GMAT total score of 730, 51 quantitative (98%) and 37 verbal (81%). However, the writing score is low (4, 20% percentile). I don't know if the low writing score will be a weakness.

Thanks in advance=]

Why do you have no grade on Numerical Analysis? If you're going to list your grades, you should list them all.

And does UCB accept GMAT for MFE?? I thought GRE only? Your Quantitative score should be near perfect.

Why do you have no grade on Numerical Analysis? If you're going to list your grades, you should list them all.

And does UCB accept GMAT for MFE?? I thought GRE only? Your Quantitative score should be near perfect.

Thanks dude.

I am taking numerical analysis and econometrics right now so no grades are available.

UCB accepts GMAT since its MFE is under Haas B School

Back